Asset Protection for Investors and Small Developers
As a real estate investor and/or small developer, both your personal property and business assets may be subject to the risks of lawsuits and/or government actions, such as liens and building code violations. You are also at risk of getting into bothersome and costly disputes with general contractors and tradesmen.
Don’t subject your personal and business assets to unnecessary risks. Here’s a shortlist of Asset Protection steps you should adopt to protect your family and business.
- Choose and establish the right legal business entity.
- Follow best practices to maintain your “veil” of corporate protection.
- Use Land Trusts to add an extra layer of anonymity and protection.
- Purchase the appropriate insurance
- Use the proper contracts when transacting business